Curbside Collection of Packaging and Printed Products
- Organization: Capital Regional District
- Location: British Columbia, Canada
- Deadline: September 9, 2022
The CRD has provided residential blue box curbside recycling collection services to the residents of the capital region since 1989, and currently contracts with Recycle BC to provide residential curbside Packaging and Printed Products (PPP) collection services on its behalf. The collection work is contracted to private firms and Halton Recycling Limited dba Emterra Environmental is the current collection service provider and its contract expires on December 31, 2023.
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit proposals from interested firms for the provision of residential PPP curbside collection services in the capital region following the expiration of the CRD’s current contract with Emterra Environmental, for a term of six (6) years beginning January 1, 2024 and ending midnight on December 31, 2029.
These services include but are not limited to:
- Collection of PPP at curbside from residential customers including converted single-family dwellings (buildings) with secondary suites and buildings with up to four suites;
- Delivery of collected PPP to a Designated Post Collection Service Provider (processor);
- Accurate recording and reporting of collection system metrics;
- Provision of customer service; and
- Support for resident education services.
The Geographical Collection Area for which the services are to be provided and estimated curbside households to receive collection servicesVisit Website