The fact is, the ability of cities to compete in the global economy is affected by their physical realm and local planning decisions.
- How municipalities design their public realm strongly influences their economy and culture.
- There is an instinctual desire by people for beauty and peace in their surroundings.
- Places and spaces help to shape the civility of cities and the people in them.
These are just some of the provocative themes in Places and Spaces.
It offers a sharply-conceived analysis of how the public and private realms intersect – and often collide – digging deep into contemporary issues, including:
- Why people fall out of love with their city.
- How public places and spaces are becoming the new urban living room.
- Planning regulations don’t make sense if they aren’t creating great cities.
- How to save our suburbs.
- Are municipalities rolling out the red carpet – or the red tape?
Through in-depth interviews with leading experts around the world, Places and Spaces lays out a path for creating livable, prosperous and sustainable cities.
Approx. 175 pages
This book is also available in ePub format. Click Here for more about our epubs