(up to 1 year contract)
The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Web Analyst within the Information Technology Department for a 1 year contract. Reporting to the Program Manager, Web and Digital, the Web Analyst is a member of the web services team focused on the development and support of digital service projects for the City of Guelph. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Work with cross functional teams to create new web services, integrate existing web services, and make recommendations for future development of digital projects
- Analyze, design, code, develop, implement, document, and support web applications and systems
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget within design standards
- Conduct research and analysis to maintain current knowledge of technologies
- Other duties as assigned
- Three-year diploma/degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field along with several years of experience in web development. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two years of practical and comprehensive experience leading the design and development of dynamic interactive web services and related sites using modularized, component, and service-oriented constructs and frameworks
- Previous experience delivering accessible web solutions in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
- Demonstrated ability to work with web-based applications and have experience in web information architecture, usability and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Previous experience with Agile, DevOps, and continuous integration
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
$37.77 – $47.21 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, August 8, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please visit the job posting listed on our careers page and click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.