Senior IT Systems Analyst
The Senior IT Systems Analyst will lead business technology projects throughout the project lifecycle. This position documents business goals and requirements, analyzes system and organizational changes required to support business goals, analyzes and designs business processes, creates functional specifications, provides innovative solutions, develops project documentation and training to support organizational change, and develops and executes test plans to ensure the solution delivers the expected business value.
This position will provide project teams and stakeholders with consistent structure, methods, techniques, and tools to build and leverage relationships that will successfully complete projects within a given timeframe, cost, and scope. This position promotes project management awareness, leadership, functional consultation, and guidance in the use of the corporate IT project management methodology and tools, as well as actively participating in continuous improvement to the process.
Essential (Minimum) Qualifications:
- A University Degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Administration) or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of related progressive business systems analysis experience managing technology projects of a large and complex nature.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development including strategies for capacity, resilience and redundancy, security, and continuity.
- Formal project management training or equivalent (e.g., Project Management certificate).
- Possess a strong knowledge of IT concepts and IT project life cycle.
- Thorough knowledge of problem definition and analysis related to business processes and systems planning.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative management and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and developments including such areas as local and wide area network, server, and workstation operating systems, hardware platforms and configuration options.
A complete job description is available by clicking here: Job Description
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation. For applicants with a disability, accommodations are available upon request in the recruitment process should you be selected to participate.
Interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter and resume marked “Senior IT Systems Analyst” on/before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 5, 2021 to the following:
Human Resources Department
City of Brockville
P.O. Box 5000
1 King Street West
Brockville, Ontario K6V 7A5
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.