Procurement and Insurance Agent
In collaboration with internal clients, you will facilitate or provide consultation to all stages of the procurement, from planning and initiation to after contract award. You will support, develop, and conduct procurement activities that are open, fair, and transparent, with a focus on strategic sourcing. You may also lead or assist with order processing, purchasing, inventory, shipping, receiving, asset disposal, p-card administration, insurance administration, and procurement training.
- Provide education, support, advice and guidance to internal clients on purchasing policies and procedures, monitoring compliance to same.
- Monitor developments that pertain to the work of the division, including industry, legislative and common law developments, supporting the update of policies, procedures, templates and work practices, where applicable.
- Analyze spend and monitor market trends and developments that pertain to the work of the internal clients, investigating, identifying and implementing opportunities to increase value to the town through strategic sourcing, including cooperative purchasing, and innovative approaches to purchasing.
- Lead and facilitate high value, complex procurements of goods, services and construction, or in the case of department led initiatives, provide consultation and support to all stages of the procurement, from planning and initiation, to after contract award
- Analyze incidents, near misses, and other relevant risk data to investigate, identify and make recommendations to mitigate risk to the town.
- Review coverage levels, deductibles, and related premiums with Manager prior to Town insurance renewal to ensure that the Town’s assets are properly insured and that the Town’s liability exposure is minimized.
- A diploma in Business Administration, Legal Administration or equivalent education. Education in a related area such as supply chain, business economics, or logistics would be beneficial.
- Completion of a professional procurement certification, such as the Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB). Completion of a professional procurement designation, such as the Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) would be beneficial.
- 4 to 5 years’ recent experience in a purchasing environment, in a role responsible for analytics and leading complex, high-value procurement opportunities, including large construction.
- Government experience would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and information systems, such as financial systems, public bidding systems, and risk management would be beneficial.
The successful candidate must have the ability to align with established goals and objectives and is able to create/follow plans and processes accordingly, to deliver task and goal completion to a high standard. The successful candidate will provide clear direction and open communication with employees and address employee issues promptly, objectively and respectfully. The Town of New Tecumseth values progressive ideas and actions; the successful candidate will have proven ability to embrace change, be resourceful and to seek new ideas and creativity to maximize effectiveness to provide high quality citizen-centred services to our community.
Salary: $68,387.52 – $85,498.21 plus full benefits and pension plan
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and copies of your credentials (degree, diploma, trainings, etc.) by June 23rd.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act. The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.