Municipal Law Enforcement Officer
AVERAGE 24 HOURS / WEEK
Reporting to the Manager of Municipal Law Enforcement, The Municipal Law Enforcement Officer is responsible for enforcing and seeking compliance of municipal by-laws, providing public education and awareness programs for the Town of Lincoln. The Town of Lincoln understands the importance of information sharing and communicating to stakeholders and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field (e.g. Protection, Security & Investigation Administration or Police Foundations);
- Certification through the Municipal Law Enforcement Officers’ Association and the Ontario Association of Property Standards Officers would be considered an asset;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, including working knowledge of the Provincial Offences Act, Ontario Building Code Act and the Municipal Act;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations / inspections including the preparation of written reports, briefs, evidence and other related documents and correspondence;
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office;
- Experience working in a professional manner under stressful situations, including when providing evidence in court;
- Ability to work independently outside of normal business hours;
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions;
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license.
This is a part-time position (avg: 24 hours / week) that may require evening and weekend work. The hourly wage for this position is between $28 – $35.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their resume by Monday February 3, 2020 using either of the following options:
Online application at www.lincoln.ca or
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.