The Village of Breton is seeking an individual to fill the position of Municipal Administrator
The Village of Breton with a population of 581 is a small community located on Hwy 20 and is within easy driving distance of major centers such as Edmonton, Drayton Valley, Leduc, Red Deer, and Wetaskiwin. Breton offers the “down home” hospitality and friendliness that can only be found in a rural community. There are 7 golf courses within a ½ hour drive, one being in the Village and one a mile from the community. The Village has an excellent working relationship with the neighboring communities and the County in which it resides. For more information on the community go to www.village.breton.ab.ca.
The Village has a total of five full time employees with an experienced support staff in the positions of Administrative Assistant, FCSS, Public Works and Librarian.
The ideal Candidate will posses
- A Local Government Certificate however; consideration will be given to an equivalent level of education and experience.
- Knowledge of municipal accounting, budget development and financial reporting is essential.
- Adeptness at sourcing and securing grants.
- Excellent communication skills and management skills.
- The ability to carry out CAO duties as described in the Municipal Government Act and as delegated by Council.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day affairs of the community which includes all finances, legislation, policies, bylaws, planning, development and human resources.
Interested candidates will forward their cover letter, resumes and salary expectations in confidence to the address below. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Position will be filled when a suitable candidate is found.
Send resumes via mail, fax or email
Village of Breton
Attention Mayor and Council
P.O. Box 480 4916 – 50th Ave.