Manager Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Relationships
Service Excellence and Innovation – IT Solutions
Are you a seasoned people leader who brings knowledge and experience with the Procurement process as well as seasoned experience in Vendor Evaluation and Selection Criteria?
Are you able to provide sound recommendations on cost-effective acquisitions for technology products and services?
This may be the opportunity for you…
Reporting to the Director of IT Solutions, the Manager is responsible for negotiating the cost-effective acquisition of enterprise-wide technology products and services, while defining and upholding business and legal contracting standards. This role ensures the supplier/partner relationship is managed effectively and efficiently to maximize the value to the organization and minimize operational risk.
- Oversees the procurement process and negotiation of any procurement/legal matters related to the acquisition of enterprise-wide technology products and services
- Leads internal stakeholders in large corporate sourcing initiatives and defines contractual requirements from the business and technical perspective
- Manages the relationships between Digital and Information Services and vendors, across all lines of business; including relationship management with Corporate Purchasing and Legal functions
- Ensures the enterprise’s best interests are protected and minimizes long-term risks
- Implements strategies designed to standardize and/or simplify sourcing activities
- Identifies and facilitates vendor options for resourcing and provides recommendations on resource strategies to the Delivery and Leadership Teams
- Provides vendor strategies and supplier optimization recommendations to Management and Executives
- Manages vendor performance and risk by engaging relevant stakeholders; resolves escalated supplier / vendor issues as they arise
- Manage the generation of Dashboards, Pipeline and other reporting to enable the Executive Teams to achieve and improve vendor performance
- Offers advisory support in the identification and development of process-improvement strategies to generate efficiencies and ensure vendor compliance to internal policy
- Partner with Procurement to implement strategies designed to standardize and/or simplify sourcing activities and to reduce the cost of technology goods and services
- Financial accountability for the section’s operating budget, associated capital plan and planning process
- Manages staff including setting goals, performance management and coaching a team of IT professionals
- University degree in related field (e.g. purchasing, contract management)
- 8 years of work related experience in purchasing by-laws, negotiations of legal contracts, and vendor management in the acquisition of enterprise/wide technology products/services including Cloud Services contracts
- Experience managing and/or facilitating teams comprised of suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strategic understanding and knowledge of, and experience with, Digital Sourcing contracts and Agile/Rapid procurements
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptions
- Demonstrated experience with Vendor Evaluation and Selection Criteria and Approach refinement
- Ability to support or lead large Sourcing engagements across the Sourcing lifecycle (Strategy, Vendor Evaluation and Selection, and Negotiations Advisory Support)
- Demonstrated experience with evaluating and optimizing a portfolio of IT contracts
- An understanding of contractual terms and conditions and best practices for infrastructure and application services contracts.
- Able to support MSA review from a business and technical perspective with client legal counsel
- Experience working on major sourcing negotiations and all related activities in various categories (software, professional services)
- Experience coordinating project or programs
- Strong relationship management skills including the ability to interact effectively with Strategic Sourcing on procurement related matters
- Exceptional leadership skills including all aspects of people management: Coaching, mentoring, development, recognition, performance management, etc.
- Strong ability to partner, develop relationships and collaborate effectively and strategically with both internal and external stakeholders
- Delivers detailed analysis and recommendations to the Departmental Leadership Team and the Executive Leadership Team
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to work with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated political acumen and ability to negotiate, mediate, facilitate and present information to a varied audience
- Strategic thinking abilities in order to identify issues and risks well in advance of them becoming critical
Location: Due to Covid-19, some of our offices are working at limited capacity to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once working onsite, you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton ON.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario’s Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 35 Hours per week/Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
If this leadership opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.