REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Corporate Services
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021-03
POSTING DATE: February 18, 2021
CLOSING Date: March 12, 2021
THIS IS A FULL-TIME PERMANENT NON-BARGAINING POSITION
Who We Are: London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties to more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians, all of whom are living with limited income. At LMCH, we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow.
Mission: LMCH provides and maintains homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
Vision: LMCH envisions healthy homes and communities in London and Middlesex. Leading by example, LMCH will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
LMCH is now actively seeking a results-driven Finance Manager with a focus on collaboration to lead a growing and motivated team of finance professionals. The Finance Manager will work in alignment with our culture of CARE.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance & Corporate Services, the Finance Manager will be responsible for oversight of all Finance functions including: payroll, accounting, and reporting activities, and will ensure that the organization maintains the financial systems and procedures to support effective program delivery.
The Finance Manager will work with the Finance team to build and maintain a strong internal controls environment that will deliver timely and accurate financial information across the organization. This work will aid in the overall strategic decision-making as LMCH engages with our shareholder, partners, clients, and other stakeholders alike.
2. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparation of long-term financial plan and multi-year budget preparation.
- Lead monthly/quarterly/annual close and reporting.
- Prepare forecasts, financial statements, and status reports for both functional and enterprise-wide planning
- Ensure that General Accounting, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Audit (internal and external), Corporate Banking and Purchasing functions are effective, efficient, economical, and in accordance with all relevant legislation and
- Liaise with external auditors and facilitate the annual audit
- Manage payroll, pension (OMERS and health care benefit administration), as needed.
- Oversee insurance, corporate leases, and vendor
- Research global best practices; lead process mapping initiatives; monitor processes for efficiency and value; engage process reengineering on an ongoing basis.
- Advise the Director of Finance & Corporate Services on the development of appropriate finance policies and procedures; ensure departmental and organizational policy adherence.
- Assist with special projects, assignments, and committees.
- Mentor and coach finance staff to help foster the company CARE
3. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) or
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of accounting/financial management experience, with progressively increasing responsibility, demonstrating the following:
- Prior management experience in a union environment and knowledge of PSAB standards is considered an asset.
- Proven leadership, problem solving and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Cross-functional team player and collaborator with excellent communication and relationship building
- Comfortable presenting to senior level
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to work with diverse teams and a diverse tenant
- Ability to manage and complete multiple priorities within designated time frames.
- Computer literacy, including: advanced working skills of MS Word, Excel and Outlook required; familiarity with InSite or Yardi Property Management software an asset.
4. WE CARE PHILOSOPHY:
The incumbent contributes and supports the overall culture and working environment of the agency by:
- Working knowledge of cultural, social, and demographic patterns relating to vulnerable priority
- Knowledge of and commitment to harm reduction and low barrier
- Committed to work in an interdisciplinary, diverse
- Understanding of and sensitivity towards the belief systems of other groups, the complexity of those facing poverty and in need especially as they affect their mental health and
- Commitment to non-violent crisis intervention, de-escalation, and supporting tenants.
- Strong work ethic and positive team
- Demonstrating knowledge and valuing of client’s life
- Working with diverse communities with sensitivity, creativity, innovation, language, and cultural understanding in a non-judgmental.
5. POLICE RECORDS CHECK AND VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING:
This position requires the successful candidate submit a current Police Records Check from their local police service. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than one year old.
6. SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive annual salary with comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan.
Normal working hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday to Friday, with some work required outside of this schedule from time to time.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.
If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here’s your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30pm, March 12, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Human Resources Assistant
London & Middlesex Community Housing
1299 Oxford Street East, Unit 5C5 London, ON, N5Y 4W5
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in London & Middlesex Community Housing!