Economic Development Coordinator (Maternity Leave)
King Township is an idyllic countryside community of communities, proud of its rural, cultural, and agricultural heritage. We are respected for treasuring nature, encouraging a responsible economy, and celebrating our vibrant quality of life. As an organization, we are focused on providing superior customer service, quality programs and services, progressive leadership, responsible management, and staff that is empowered to achieve personal and organizational excellence in the delivery of municipal services.
Reporting to the Manager of Economic Development, this position is responsible for the following:
- Coordinating and administering the Community Improvement Plan Grant Program.
- Assisting the EDO with the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy and work plans.
- Providing support and assistance with all business attraction retention and expansion efforts including communication with existing and potential businesses and investors.
- Creating, authoring and editing website and social media content, communication for various campaigns and initiatives on a regular (daily/weekly) basis.
- Coordinating the promotion of tourism, hospitality and recreational experiences through the Experience King brand.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Post-secondary degree in Commerce, Business, Marketing, Communications, or Economic Development.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Certified Economic Developer (Ec.D) through Economic Developers Association of Canada (EDAC), or working towards designation.
- Above average knowledge of communications, print production, social media tools, web development and graphic design.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Valid class G driver’s licence and reliable access to a vehicle is required.
- 35-hour flexible work week; with evenings and weekends required.
Yearly wage range: $68,231 – $84,138
This position may be subject to providing proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. This means that the successful candidate must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada (or the World Health Organization), with the final dose at least 14 days prior to your start date. There may also be requirements to receive any COVID-19 boosters recommended by public health authorities. The Township will consider cases requiring accommodation as stipulated by relevant employment standards legislation or regulation and/or the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Qualified candidates are requested to forward their resume by October 1st, 2021 to:
2585 King Road
King City, Ontario
Please visit www.king.ca for full job description.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Personal information (PI) is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.0. 2001, c.25 and will be used to facilitate the hiring and recruitment process. Personal information (PI) will be protected in accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Questions about the collection of personal information (PI) should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 2585 King Road, King City, L7B 1A1 or (905) 833-5321
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Township of King will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Township Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.