Director of Finance/Treasurer
Whitchurch-Stouffville is a lively, fast-growing town that has maintained the small-town atmosphere valued by residents and businesses. With a current population of over 50,000 residents the forecast is steady growth towards 60,600 people by 2031.
What makes Whitchurch-Stouffville unique is the opportunity to experience country living in an urban setting. Both businesses and residents have chosen Whitchurch-Stouffville as the place to be due to an excellent growth-oriented business environment and an unmatched quality of life.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
As our new Director of Finance/Treasurer, you are an insightful and hands-on finance leader with a view to both short and long-term planning. In addition to your exceptional financial acumen you have an ability to support effective operations through the development and management of policies, procedures and programs related to finance and information technology.
Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Finance/Treasurer is as an essential member of the Senior Management Team. With a 2020 budget of over $70 million in gross expenditures, you will play a key strategic role as a steward of our public funds by ensuring that we have an effective and efficient financial plan in place to support the evolving needs of the community through a range of robust, programs and services across our organization.
As our Director you will provide leadership to both corporate financial management and information technology including the development of short- and long-term strategies to support the growth and development of our community. This includes oversight of the financial aspects of the business plan and key functions related to the administration of the operating and capital budgets, accounting, taxation, insurance, procurement and information technology.
The Town offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Join and lead a dedicated team which strives to make Whitchurch-Stouffville the best place to live, work and play.
- Management: Significant demonstrated progressive management experience in municipal government finance including experience working with elected officials.
- Finance and Information Technology: Experience leading a range of functions including budgeting, capital planning, financial operations, taxation financial reporting, procurement and information technology.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: Ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment, to build strong and enthusiastic staff teams and external alliances/partnerships, to align departmental programs/services with corporate goals and objectives, and to provide a helpful facilitating client-service approach to operating departments on financial needs/matters affecting
- People Leadership: Exceptional leadership skills with proven ability to lead, supervise and mentor a team of mangers and staff while working towards a common corporate goal
- Problem Solving/ Project Management: Excellent organizational, analytical, research, problem solving and project/time management skills.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Legislation: Thorough working knowledge of all applicable legislation, regulations and government processes related to a municipal finance portfolio.
- Technical Acumen: Advanced technical literacy with the Microsoft suite of products, the internet and proficiency in a range of other computer software applications related to finance, payroll and other corporate productivity software.
- Education: University degree in Finance, Accounting or Commerce accompanied by post-graduate studies in Business/Public/Municipal Administration and Management studies; a CPA in good standing; eligibility or full membership in MFOA or AMCTO.
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by October 25, 2020 to email@example.com quoting project WS-DF. Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter or to receive a detailed position description please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com.