Chief Administrative Officer
The Town of Crossfield is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced leader to fulfill the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Taking direction from town council, the CAO is responsible for the overall operation and delivery of municipal services for the Town of Crossfield, including leading, planning, and managing operations and programs for the municipality. The CAO will have proven, excellent knowledge of the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and extensive municipal experience.
The successful candidate will employ proven leadership abilities, strategic and creative thinking, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the continuous development and forward movement of new and existing municipal services. The CAO will be capable of creating an effective organizational structure, and excels at providing efficient customer service, promotes teamwork, quality and cost-effective municipal services and adaptability for future change.
The Town of Crossfield is a warm welcoming community located 10 minutes North of Airdrie and 25 minutes north of Calgary along the QE2. The 2022 municipal population is estimated to be 3,700. Crossfield is on the cusp of having the potential to grow exponentially within the next few years and requires a leader that can plan and manage growth.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in the following:
- Extensive municipal experience in a director level or higher (CAO)
- Ability to manage Crossfield’s anticipated growth
- 10 years of progressive management experience within a multi-dimensional service organization
- Proven, strong ability to liaise effectively with Council, other elected officials, residents, developers, community groups, and other levels of government, with effective communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic long-term planning, financial and budget skills
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process for
- Analytical and transparent ability in preparing reports and compiling information for Council, together with a good knowledge of and proficiency in all related information technology
- A robust working knowledge of the MGA is required, with the ability to guide Council, and the Staff on the MGA
- A thorough understanding and experience in economic development and
- Project management
- Ability to leverage resources listen to diverse viewpoints and be open to new ideas
- Honest trustworthy individual able to build strong relationships and has high ethics, integrity, respect, and accountability, upholding the public interest
- A proven ability to provide leadership, and to adapt and integrate complex planning policy and program initiatives.
- Proven ability to provide overall leadership for the planning, development, recreation and management of a variety of municipal services and to provide well researched guidance to Council and
- Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations and an ability to lead, coach and motivate staff and achieve positive
- Strong focus on quality of life and recreational services.
- The ability to see municipal services from a regional perspective and to develop and foster shared services and partnerships with other
- The ability to develop a presence in the community and collaborate with other community partners, industry, and government in attracting and fostering economic
- Proven experience in maintaining credible and authentic relationships with external stakeholder groups including community leaders, citizens and
- Ability to plan and manage the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve issues and make effective.
Assets: Strong financial and business background, excels in municipal planning.
Additional Requirements: RCMP Criminal Record Check, Valid Driver’s Abstract
Chosen candidates for an interview may be asked to submit a presentation or assignment to prove skills.
Only email applications will be accepted email@example.com Please reply in confidence by Friday March 31, 2023 4:30 pm
Remuneration will commensurate with your experience, knowledge, and abilities. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Closing Date: Friday March 31, 2023 4:30 pm If a suitable candidate is not found, the competition will be extended.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anticipated start date for new CAO: August 1, 2023.