Chief Administrative Officer
The Municipality of Port Hope is a remarkably picturesque community located on the shore of Lake Ontario and nestled in the Northumberland Hills, just over an hour east of Toronto and an hour and a half west of Kingston. With a population of 16,500 and thriving business and tourism sectors, Port Hope is a unique, historic, inclusive municipality dedicated to fostering an active, healthy, vibrant and caring community, and offering a wonderful blend of rural and urban lifestyles.
The Municipality is committed to meeting the needs of our residents and business community by delivering efficient and effective services. In support of this we have a new vision and strategic plan that are centred around intentional growth planning, community opportunities, waterfront enhancement, affordable housing, corporate efficiencies, and infrastructure sustainability.
Define the Future
As the ideal candidate and our new CAO, you are an inspiring results focused leader with a track record of business leadership and acumen in growth-oriented environments and will play a key role in realizing our new strategic vision. In addition, you are known for your exceptional communications skills, your collaborative nature and commitment to building highly effective staff teams, while ensuring service excellence and fiscal accountability.
Working closely with the Mayor, Council, Senior Management, staff from across the organization and a variety of partners you will add energy, ideas and direction as we continue to improve our community. You will be instrumental in leading the implementation of our new strategic plan while ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of programs and services to the community through a highly engaged team. Your strong sense of fiscal accountability will enhance our organization by ensuring that our municipality is responsible, sustainable and our $44M capital and operational budget is well managed.
Key to your success will be your ability to understand the needs of residents, businesses and the development community while continuing to identify opportunities for enhancement, and ensuring we provide high levels of programs and services to our community.
The Municipality of Port Hope offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Join and lead a dedicated team which strives to make our community the best place to live, work and play.
- Leadership: Significant experience in progressively responsible senior management positions in a Municipality or a similar complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: A track record as a strategic and innovative thinker in a political and service oriented environment with the ability to communicate future vision and translate strategic objectives into successful outcomes in a fiscally accountable fashion while fostering a positive and innovative workplace.
- People Leadership: Experience and ability to provide exceptional leadership and supervision to staff and to build enthusiastic, high performing staff teams in a non-union and unionized environment; this includes knowledge of employment and labour legislation and collective agreement administration.
- Relationships and Partner Engagement: Experience and ability to build productive external alliances and partnerships and to deliver common solutions and results.
- Economic Development and Planning: Experience in planning and economic development in growth-oriented environments is highly preferred.
- Service Excellence and Business Transformation: Ability to demonstrate customer service excellence across the organization through effective delivery of innovative programs and services to our community in time-sensitive and changing environments.
- Legislation and Processes: Thorough working knowledge of Municipal and Employer-related legislation, regulations and issues, municipal government structures, operations, financial and reporting processes.
- Communications: Excellent ability to communicate effectively and address concerns, complaints and requests with tact, discretion, political sensitivity and diplomacy in situations of great importance to the municipality; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Education: A university degree in Economic Development, Planning, Business, Public Administration or equivalent is required.
HOW TO APPLY
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by June 12 , 2020 to email@example.com quoting project PH-CAO. Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter or to receive a detailed position description please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com.