Supervisor of Public Works
Job Posting: 43-2019 Posted: May 15, 2019
|Duties||· Reporting to the Manager of Public Works, the Supervisor of Public Works is responsible for the effective and efficient supervision of all activities and staff of the Public Works Department including roads, landfill, repair and upkeep of all related physical municipal assets.
· Plan and supervise the day-to-day maintenance work and operations including staffing, performance management, labour relations, work assignments, inspections, inventory and asset management, project management and all health and safety related activities.
· Supervise the daily work distribution, quality inspections process and work-site monitoring completed by staff and/or contractors including any health and safety, complaint or grievance issues arising as a result and respond to emergency repairs and projects as necessary.
· Inspect, assess, recommend, schedule and plan for current and future preventative maintenance requirements for roads, sewers, landfill, fleet and sidewalks including major capital expenditure projects.
· Address all internal and external stakeholder service issues and inquiries including those from the public, police and contractors and, where appropriate, work in conjunction with Engineering Services to provide information and services.
· Manage the day-to-day departmental administrative functions including data, records management, invoicing, tender management, budget monitoring, reporting and payroll activities.
· Comply with all workplace Health and Safety Policies and Procedures including but not limited to: attend and participate in all H&S training and education activities; identify and report all H&S risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and damage and ensure all activities are carried out in a safe manner including the proper use of all assigned personal protective equipment.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications||· Community College Diploma (3 year) in Civil Engineering.
· Minimum 1-3 years related professional experience.
· Extensive Knowledge of OHSA, MOE and HTA regulations, Municipal Act – minimum standards for work-site layout.
· Certification in Handling and Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Working in a Confined space.
· Specialized Equipment/Machinery Training, Salt Management Best Practices, DZ licence, First Aid/CPR.
· Excellent written and oral comprehension and expression.
· Problem Sensitivity/Resolution.
|Department/Division||Infrastructure & Development Services/Public Works|
|Reporting to||Manager of Public Works|
|Annual Salary||$73,536 – $86,027 (2018 rates)|
|Closing Date/Time||Friday May 31, 2019 at 4:30pm|
To apply for this position:
- Please submit a resume, clearly outlining your qualifications and experience, and quoting the job posting number.
- Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit duplicates.
- Please include the Job Posting Number in the message subject line. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Accommodations are available for people with disabilities for all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.