Senior Development Planner
“Bold and beautiful Bruce County … a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation.”
Reporting to the Land Use Planning Manager, the Senior Development Planner oversees the provision of social, physical, economic and environmental planning services in a defined sub-region of the County and advises lower-tier municipalities and the County in respect of matters related to development review. The Senior Development Planner acts as liaison for the sub-region and assists both the County and local municipalities in the delivery of key identified strategies; and, develops public consultation programs, coordinates the review of development proposals, supervises and leads the sub-regional team, and negotiates with proponents to guide projects towards policy objectives.
Knowledge & Skills:
- University Degree in Planning or Community Development
- Full membership in Ontario Professional Planning Institute
- Five years of progressive experience in land use planning
- One year of supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in, a municipal setting
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
- Ability to initiate and model positive change
Interested applicants should review the entire job posting, and then apply online, following the outlined process. Deadline for applications is January 23, 2020.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.