Due to an upcoming retirement: Full-Time / Non-Union
The Successful Applicant will be under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer( CAO)
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Municipal Clerk (Clerk) is responsible for the statutory duties of the Clerk’s Office as identified in the Municipal Act, 2001, and other related legislation. The Clerk is responsible for administration of the corporate records and Municipal Freedom of Information (MFOI) legislation, recording of vital statistics and the issuance of marriage licenses and burial permits in accordance with Provincial regulations and the Animal Control Program. The Clerk is also the administrator of all licensing programs including lotteries.
Position responsibilities may evolve as a result of the strategic operational review currently underway.
- Salary Range: $77,040/year – $92,437/year
- Comprehensive benefit package
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, Municipal Administration or a related field
- Completion of AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP) or Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation is an asset
- Recent experience in a senior level management position, preferably in a municipal setting
- Demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and statutes including:
- Municipal Act, 2001
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act (MFIPPA)
- Vital Statistics Act
- Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act
- Municipal Elections Act
- Other legislation related to municipal governance
- Sound knowledge of municipal government function, including parliamentary rules, procedures and meetings
- Excellent customer service & organisational skills
- Advanced communications (written & verbal presentations)
- Ability to establish and maintain proactive relationships
- High level of diplomacy, tact and confidentialityQualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (detailing any relevant qualifications or experience) to the undersigned on or before 12:00 pm noon on Friday, November 22, 2019. Please indicate ‘Clerk’ in the Subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Kirkland Lake
P.O. Box 1757, 3 Kirkland St. W.,
Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 3P4
Attn: Human Resources Department
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR JOB APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST