Manager of Engineering
Under the direction of the Director of Public Works and Engineering, be responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of the survey, inspection, and drafting departments.
- Responsible for managing daily operations of the Engineering Department and coordination and management of specialized municipal infrastructure and capital works projects including detailed design and construction activities, Environmental Assessments, engineering studies and project administration
- Directs, supervises, coaches Engineering Staff
- Provides leadership and technical expertise
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with other departments
- Remain current in relevant matters, including legislation, regulations, practices, procedures
- Manage regular bridge inspections
- Perform annual staff evaluations
- Ability to work outside normal business hours and respond to emergencies “after hours” as required
- Perform other duties as required
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent
- A Professional Engineer (P. Eng), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) required
- Possesses Professional (PMP) designation, with the Project Management Institute an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in the design and construction of municipal, unionized environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of civil engineering, materials and methods of construction, and considerable knowledge of the other branches of engineering
- Knowledge of financial reporting processes, including budget preparation, budget controls, and expenditure forecasting. Experience in preparation and interpretation of financial reports as well as reporting on key performance indicators
- Demonstrated leadership ability to coordinate, plan, supervise, and direct work of others
- Experience in application of computer programs and working knowledge of AutoCAD and other design related software, infrastructure and relational database systems including experience with a variety of desktop languages and mapping/GIS presentation. Highly proficient in computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Construction Lien Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Environmental Assessment Act, Ontario Building Code, Employment Standards Act, and other relevant legislation
- Strong effective report writing and project management skills (oral and written), with ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization; coupled with extremely effective negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Possesses a valid Ontario ‘G’ Driver’s License in good standing with a reliable vehicle for business purposes
SALARY LEVEL 111: $108,254 – $129,893 (2019)
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of September 27, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Flr., Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.