Manager of Engineering
The Town is currently recruiting a key member of our Planning and Infrastructure team for the position of Manager of Engineering. Reporting to the General Manager, Planning and Infrastructure, this position is responsible for the overall management of the engineering functions for the municipality. As a working, feet on the ground manager, this role involves the planning and management of capital works projects, management and administration of the Town’s engineering activities, management of the Town’s infrastructure asset management program, and management of the Capital Region Parkland Water Services Commission. This position will supervise the daily operations of the engineering team, contractors and consultants; ensuring that all work and projects are conducted in accordance with federal, provincial and municipal policy and legislation. The manager reviews current projects and workloads and makes recommendations on prioritizing projects and required resources; including budgeting, personnel requirements, and resource allocation.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has a commitment to public service and is passionate about the community;
- Has sound judgment and extensive working knowledge and experience in the area of municipal engineering design;
- Has a clear understanding of the Municipal Government Act, specifically relating to municipal development engineering regulations and planning;
- Has experience in infrastructure system design, construction and/or operation including sanitary, sewer and water mains;
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Has highly developed organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Has the ability to foster positive relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization;
- Has proven experience in coaching, leading and developing a team.
- University degree in Civil Engineering;
- P. Eng designation (or working towards).
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years related experience in engineering development control, within an engineering environment (preferably in a Municipal setting);
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and/or management experience (preferably in a Municipal setting).
The Town offers an excellent benefit package including the Local Authorities Pension Plan, plus the option to participate in the Apex Supplementary Pension Plan. Based on a 35 hour work week, the salary range for this position is $101,133 – $128,669 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications).
For complete details and to apply online, visit our website at: www.stonyplain.com under the “Careers”.