Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
Are you an innate problem solver? When you think of your skill set are your analytical abilities at the top of your list? If yes, then we want you on our team! Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for compiling accurate and timely financial data in the form of audited financial statements, budget information, and quarterly reports. The Financial Analyst will work with and train internal staff on budgeting techniques, provide financial analysis, and support the accounting services department staff. The successful candidate will be service focused, an excellent communicator, and will develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Consolidate operating, utilities, and capital budget information for presentations to management and Elected Officials
- Produce financial and capital budget forecasting data and make recommendations to senior management
- Provide risk assessment analysis
- Train staff on Questica software and educate management on budgeting techniques
- Prepare year-end financial statements and reports
- Supply account reconciliations, project accounting and performance reporting to departments
- Review sub ledgers, bank reconciliation, general ledger accounts, and project cost accounts to ensure accuracy
- Provide financial and management accounting support to account staff
- Prepare annual statement of funding and expenditures
- Debenture administration including debt limit analysis, funding applications, and sub ledger maintenance
- Other duties and ad hoc financial analysis
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- 5 years’ experience (municipal government experience considered an asset)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Diamond municipal software
- Previous auditing experience an asset
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills and expert problem-solving ability
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office Suite
This position offers a salary range of $77,860 – $101,589 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. If you think you are the one we are searching for please email your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 20-23 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 p.m. on July 10, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.