Full-Time / Non-Union
The Successful applicant will be under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer( CAO)
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Finance Manager/Treasurer is responsible for the statutory duties of the Treasurer as identified in the Municipal Act, 2001, and other related legislation. The Finance Manager/Treasurer is responsible for the overall management of the Municipality’s financial affairs and provides critical financial leadership to Council and the Corporation to ensure long-term financial stability.
Position responsibilities may evolve as a result of the strategic operational review currently underway
- Salary Range: $94,549/year – $112,676/year
- Comprehensive benefit package
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or related field and /or Accounting Designation is preferred
- Demonstrated 5-7 years’ municipal or public sector financial management experience in an advanced and progressive capacity.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years’ personnel management experience with strong leadership ability, combined with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial, accounting, auditing, public sector accounting principles and practices, applicable legislation/regulatory standards, asset management, investment and debt management, long-range planning, provincial & federal grant process, property taxation, budgets and local government functions and responsibilities.
- Proven ability to define and solve complex financial and business problems requiring quantitative, qualitative and process analysis to assist in the management of financial information to the CAO, Clerk, Department Heads and Council.
- Proven ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, elected officials and the general public.Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (detailing any relevant qualifications or experience) to the undersigned on or before 12:00 pm noon on Friday, November 22nd, 2019. Please indicate ‘Finance Manager’ in the Subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those individuals
selected for an interview will be contacted.
Town of Kirkland Lake
P.O. Box 1757, 3 Kirkland St. W.,
Kirkland Lake, ON P2N 3P4
Attn: Human Resources Department
Personal information submitted is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of the candidate’s selection.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR JOB APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST