Director, Infrastructure Services
The Town of Essex is located in southwestern Ontario, approximately 28 kilometres southeast of the City of Windsor. It is one of seven lower‐tier municipalities in the County of Essex with borders extending from the hub of the county to Lake Erie. Essex includes two urban centres (Essex Centre and Harrow) and two hamlets (McGregor and Colchester). These unique communities are surrounded by a thriving wine and agriculture industry and boast a wide range of recreational facilities, an excellent school system, and affordable living options.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, and reporting to the CAO, the Director of Infrastructure is responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership in all aspects of the Town’s Infrastructure Assets including engineering services, capital works programs, operations, drainage and road maintenance and environmental services management. The Director of Infrastructure is also responsible for long term planning for the department, and to pursue a progressive agenda to design, build, maintain and continuously improve the Town of Essex’s infrastructure assets to meet the changing needs of a growing community.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in a public sector setting, with previous responsibilities for operations, transportation, environmental services, infrastructure services (an equivalent combination of education and experience in the related field will be considered)
- Thorough knowledge of the engineering and public works principles and practices
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of managing complex capital works projects
- Considerable knowledge of the current water and sanitary services regulatory environment
The Town of Essex offers a competitive salary,complimented by an excellent benefit package.
A detailed job description is available on our website at www.essex.ca/jobs and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications in confidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, November 4, 2019.
The Town of Essex is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.